Top benefits of LED lights in a grocery store
The number of grocery stores and supermarkets that are enjoying the benefits of LED lighting keeps increasing all around the U.S. and the world. In this post, we are going to highlight the top benefits of LED lighting in a grocery store, including an explanation of why LED lighting is important for businesses.
It will not come as a surprise for some of you to learn that of the many factors to consider when running a grocery store, lighting is one of the few that the business owner can have control over all while bringing many benefits.
What is LED lighting and why is it important for businesses?
An LED light bulb is an electric light for use in light fixtures that produces light using one or more light-emitting diodes. A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor device that emits light when an electric current is passed through it.
Why is it important for businesses?
Due to the lifespan of LED lamps. LED lamps have a lifespan many times longer than equivalent incandescent lamps, and are significantly more efficient than most fluorescent lamps. Some LED chips are able to emit up to 303 lumens per watt, compared to 60-100 lumens per watt for fluorescent lamps. This article by Business Matters, explains more in-depth the benefits of using LED bulbs: http://ow.ly/eWxo50v5qYn Now, moving on to the main question for grocery store owners.
How can I afford to change my traditional or halogen lighting to Airis LED?
Knowing that we offer a self-pay model, where all of the upgrades are made with $ zero investment, all while enjoying the benefits of LED Lighting, is extremely positive for all of our clients. This means that by upgrading your grocery store’s lighting you can save energy while making the products and the store look better.
What happens when you place energy-efficient light bulbs in your Grocery Store?
- Research shows that 92 percent of shoppers report a better shopping experience with quality lighting.
- The right lighting allows store owners to showcase their products in order to boost sales, including making the frozen foods boxes and labels stand out.
- There are studies showing that LED shelf lighting improves store aesthetics while enhancing a customer’s shopping experience.
- LED lighting gives off little heat compared to traditional lamps & bulbs, meaning that your freezer aisles won’t have to work as hard to stay cool!
- “While LEDs are most commonly known as an energy-saving light source, they have also been known to have an antibacterial effect.” http://news.nus.edu.sg
- LED lighting in grocery stores makes food appear more appetizing and boosts sales. Wansink, the co-director of the Cornell Center for Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition Programs says: ¨Take product placement and soft, focused lighting, for example. Items that are highlighted in this way — even if they aren’t on sale — sell about 30 percent more.”
- LED technology continues to improve, while electricity prices continue to rise.
This video shows some additional benefits of LED lighting for businesses
Furthermore, research on the benefits of LED lighting, shows how they are especially beneficial in grocery stores, making products look more appetizing as opposed to products placed under harsh fluorescent lights. Not to mention that you can increase the present value of your store, enjoy energy savings, and zero maintenance and replacement costs by upgrading to Airis LED Lighting.
In sum, having quality lighting, and a bright and well-lit grocery store makes your customers enjoy their shopping experience more and, as a result, they will want to return to your store.
Airis Energy Solutions is a single supply chain solution. We supply the lights and do all the installation. This means that our experts will help you find fixtures, temperatures, and everything for your lighting project, and you get to upgrade to LED at zero cost with us.
So, when it comes to grocery stores and supermarket lighting, choosing Airis LED lighting solutions means working with a market leader in energy reduction technology.
At Airis Energy, we offer a premium selection of lighting options for grocery stores and supermarkets, including our design panels. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with LED lighting for your business.
You can register here to read our Best Case Study, learn about our Airis Skylight design panels and get our latest blog posts directly in your inbox Ready to upgrade to Airis LED Lighting? Sign up here to get a free proposal.